Sunday 7 September 2014

Giving Back to Society

It is rare for financial bloggers to talk about donations, but as the Chinese saying goes, "取之于社会,用之于社会", which translates to "giving back to society what we take from society". It is important that we occasionally gives back to society, to pass on the help that we received from others. We can do this by sharing our knowledge and experience, but I believe we can do more by making a donation to a charity of our choice on a regular basis. I've set up a new page on this blog that links to SG Gives, which is an online charity portal, for any readers who wish to make a donation to a charity of your choice. I encourage all fellow financial bloggers to do likewise and add a link to SG Gives, to do our part for our less fortunate fellow citizens.

Below are 2 blog posts that I wrote on my other blog, (The) Boring Fisherman, on some of my observations about society and how we can all together make this society a better one for everybody.


It's Mid-Autumn Festival tomorrow night, and I wish everybody 中秋节快乐!


See related blog posts:

2 comments:

  1. Will lend support and do likewise. Worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support. I'm sure the beneficiaries will be grateful for your actions.

      Delete